Monday, January 28, 2019

this 81 year old found her 103 year old mother after 61 years search

An 81-year-old woman recently shared a story of how she discovered her 103-year old birth mother was still alive after spending 61 years searching for her.

As reported by LadBible, Eileen Macken grew up in an orphanage in Dublin and had spent more than six decades looking for her birth family. The search began when Macken was just 19 years old.

In order to track down her family, Macken appeared on Joe Duffy's Liveline radio show last year.


"I was very upset that I was still on this planet, not having even one relative," Macken said during the radio show.

But just a few months after the show, Macken has managed to track her birth mother with some from help from a gynecologist, reported Mirror.

I can't believe it, when I got the word that she was alive, all I want to do is to meet her," said Macken, adding she knows nothing about her mother’s background or medical history.
"The doctors couldn't understand - 'Why don't you know this, why don't you know that?' I got a bit upset once and I said, 'Because I'm an orphan. I know nothing, absolutely nothing,'” the 81-year-old was quoted by LadBible.

Macken said that she has recently spoken to her 103-year-old mom over the phone and plans to meet her in the next few days.
"My mum is 103 and she will soon be 104. I spoke to her on the phone but she couldn't hear me. She's a bit like myself, I've only one good ear. She kept saying, 'I can't hear you, I can't hear you,'” said Macken

No comments:

Post a Comment